Monday, June 29, 2009

Pens sign Guerin to a 1- yr deal


The Penguins came to terms with forward Bill Guerin to a 1- year $2 mil deal. But the deal could reach up to $2.85 mil with bonuses. Guerin told the Pittsburgh Penguins officials that he planned on signing with the Pens before July 1st. He took a significant discount to stay with team. He earned $4.5 mil last year after a contract the Islanders gave him.

My take: I like this signing because Guerin showed that he is capable of performing alongside Crosby. It's not worth going out and getting a more expensive player who's performance with Crosby you're not certain of. Guerin is a proven goal scorer even at 39. He's a veteran that provided great leadership this playoff run and it'll be nice to see him back. I originally was against re-signing Guerin but the more I thought about it the more I liked it.
What's next? I think Dupuis will be traded and look for Feds to walk and Scuds to re-sign.

No comments:

Post a Comment